Thursday, February 08, 2007

SunXi Go screensaver review

SunXi Go screensaver is a wonderful screensaver for your Windows computer. It offers really good 3D graphics as well as the possibility to add your own games to be replayed, you can set the wood style, the visual effects...

There are a couple of things I forgot to mention on the review:
-This program is only available for Windows.
-Take a look at the "screenshots" from the program to get an idea of program graphics. The video has very low quality, so you won't appreciate 3d graphics much in there.

I had planned to do this review on forecoming weeks, but as it was asked by an individual user, I decided to change my plans and review my favourite screensaver today.

So, here it is: SunXi Go screensaver



There seems to be a maintenance problem on the file hosting service, so the file will be temporary available on Filefactory (look for Download with Filefactory Basic). Whenever the traditional service recovers, the file will be available here: Alejo's Reviews. It occupies 41MB.

Enjoy it and let me know your opinion

6 comments:

Stjep said...

The idea of video-reviews is really cool. I'd like to see different free Go Progs (Go Game Assistent, Stonebase, MultiGo,...) in comparison.

Alejo said...

I'm glad you like it, I hope my English isn't a problem...hehe...

I also had thought of making a comparison between programs but I found that there were several problems:
1.The video would be quite long, though this is solvable.
2.My powerless computer would crash if I tried to open more than one of them, but I think I can solve that too.
3.Which parts of the program to compare?
4.Which programs to compare? There are many programs out there...

Which programs would you like to be compared?

Anonymous said...

BTW., change settings so that on main page only one post is visible - doing so everything will load faster :-).

Alejo said...

I've reduced it from 15 posts to 5. It's a bit faster to load now, but I can't reduce it farther for several reasons:
1. I don't like going on "older posts" on other blogs, so I think others dislike it too.
2. I'd like users to get a good idea of the blog right from the first glance.
3. Google adsense would have problems finding out what is the blog about.

I guess that whenever the proportion of Zgo disminishes, the page will load faster. But, sincerely, I think I'm going to use this tool for a long time, it's really useful.

Stjep said...

Concerning the progs you could compare:
- GUI
- Database (database options)
- User-Friendliness
- Special-functions
... or some others.

I don't think the lenght is a prolem. You could do something like a review for 1 program each time and then give it a rating :)... anyway, this is just my opinion ^^

Alejo said...

Um... I see... it's quite a good idea, though it would take lots of time.... and I would only be able to review those free or shareware programs... I think it could be quite useful... but currently I have to much work, so I'll leave it for the future (not too far future).

I'll think about it more deeply and see what I can do.