Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Bruce Wilcox's Go Dojo

Due to the commentaries on this game I read at GoDiscussions, I decided to purchase it just before leaving to London.

Now that I'm back, I've started on the second section of the program and guess what I find: "Mind the gap. Prefer the connectable side."
"mind the gap"... I wonder how many times I've heard this during the past week, it is the repeatedly said on London's underground, and I just couldn't stop laughing when I found it on this go program.

I'm not going to make a review of it since it isn't freely distributed.

I just finished a game against a 10k and I won, so it seems that my strength hasn't lowered too much during my holidays.


Blog's speed

I've been analysing my blog through some websites, and I've found that it takes around one minute to load on a 56k connections. The consecuence of this is that the page fails to load. From now on, I'll try to use smaller images, with low quality and see if I can make it a little bit more comfortable for users without broad-band internet connection.
The number of posts of the homepage of the site has also been reduced from 10 to 4. The archive has been enabled in order to keep it easy to find the articles on the site.

Q: How many 30-kyus does it take to change a light bulb?
A: They can't do it, because they don't see the ladder.

Q: How many 2-dans does it take to change a light bulb?
A: Their positions are so light, that they don't need light bulbs.

Q: How many 9-dans does it take to change a light bulb?
A: Their positions are so influential that other people change the bulbs for them

3 comments:

Juan Luis said...

I really love the decission you took about posting lesser size files :) Good webmaster way!

The first and second go player jokes are my favourites! Thanks!

Alejo said...

I guess the one I prefer is the first one... is just so funny...

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!