Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Visit to local Go club

Yesterday I went to a local Go club with a couple of friends. We managed to visit the Go club "la pedra" in Barcelona, which is the oldest one as well as the biggest in Barcelona.

Each one of us expected something different about the Go club, so we were most surprised when we found the place. It was a flat on the center of the city, mainly dedicated to chess, where some people showed up on tuesday nights (just 8 go players without us).

After the presentations my friends managed to play one against each other and abandoned me alone with local go players.
A man offered himself to play against me, 9 stones handicap game... against a 3 dan!! You can imagine what does a 10-kyuish do against a 3d... it was a massacre. As well as the next game against a 8kyu French player, where I just couldn't focus on the game...

Well, now I'll post a tsumego I had to face during these games.

No comments: